Chitose Ayase (綾瀬千歳, Ayase Chitose) is a model and the elder sister of Chihaya Ayase who doesn't support Chihaya's dream of becoming a karuta Queen because she thinks that karuta is lame and a waste of time.
AppearanceChitose is a beautiful young woman with straight brown hair (Chitose's hair changes styles occasionally), light brown eyes, lip gloss and many different stylish outfits everyday.
Chitose looks very much like Chihaya Ayase, except that Chitose is shorter than Chihaya.
Chitose is sort of self-centered and selfish girl who is a also unsupported person of Chihaya Ayase's dream and Chitose loves it when people take pictures of her. She really enjoys posing, stylish and expensive clothing, and modeling. Despite often seems to be selfish, Chitose is actually working hard for her family, so they can pay off their family's mortgage.
Ever since childhood, people thought Chitose was very cute as she was always the center of attention to her parents and Chihaya Ayase for a while.
Kenji is Chitose's father who is very enthusiastic about her achievements and usually cuts newspaper articles in order to put them in albums. He also supports Chitose of her career as a model.
Chieko is Chitose's mother. Like Kenji, Chieko is very supportive of her daughter's career.
- The name Chitose means "a thousand years", which is why her photo magazine is entitled Millennium.
- When Chitose got a cell phone, she did not give her number to Chihaya Ayase.
- Chitose hopes to be a supermodel one day.
- Chitose finds karuta lame, boring and a waste of time.
- Chihaya is taller than Chitose with a difference of 8 cm.
- Chitose's height is only 159 cm while Chihaya is 167 cm tall. In Volume 2's omake, however, Chihaya was supposed to be 160 cm tall, so Chitose's actual height is still in question.
- Chitose told Chihaya stories about "New Year's Money" and Chitose said that she bought all expensive clothes from Chihaya's money.